All of the following rules, where they apply, will be under the jurisdiction of a qualified, licensed, Dominion Rabbit & Cavy Breeders Association judge and using the current D.R. & C.B.A. Standard of Perfection.
The Dominion Rabbit and Cavy Breeders Association will recognize members as an all-breed judge when they meet the following requirements.
1. Any person wishing to qualify as an all-breed rabbit or cavy judge must have been a breeder and exhibitor of rabbits or cavies, depending on which license they wish to pursue, for a period of not less than three years, and a D.R. & C.B.A. member in good standing for a period of not less then three years.
2. Must make application, in writing, to the Executive of the D.R. & C.B.A. for permission to apprentice for a rabbit or cavy judge’s license.
3. Must apprentice with three different judges at five different D.R. & C.B.A. shows, two of which must be separate major shows.
4. Must request of the Show Committee, at least 10 days prior to a show, permission to apprentice with a particular judge. If this is not arranged in advance, apprenticeship at the particular show will be denied.
A judge must have worked a minimum of five (5) shows before guiding or directing any apprentice. Judges must be licensed by the D.R. & C.B.A., the O.C.C., or any other duly recognized organization. Judges will critique an apprentice by filling out an Apprentice Certificate.
5. After complying with the above rules, the applicant may apply to the Executive for a written examination.
6. The applicant must attain a 70% minimum on the written examination and a 70% average from each Apprentice Certificate.
7. Upon fulfilling all the above requirements, and upon payment of a $20.00 fee, the applicant will be recognized, by the D.R. & C.B.A., as a qualified all-breed rabbit or cavy judge, and will be issued a judge’s card of such recognition.
8. Individual consideration will be given to anyone holding a valid judge’s license from another recognized Association.